Last Updated: Jan 11, 2021
Whizara offers live online coding programs for students from ages 5-18, live online professional development for teachers and licenses its curricula to teachers.
Information That We Collect
Information you give us directly:
(i) Information that you give us when you request information or register with us
We collect information that you voluntarily provide when you get in touch with us by filling out one of the forms on our Site or when you register for Whizara Services on our Site, via Email or when you get into a Contract with us. We may require that you provide us with information such as your first and last name, email address, phone number, and your child’s name, age, grade level, preferred time of class, learning objectives and how you heard about us. When you register for our program online, we require that you provide our third-party payment processor, Stripe, your name, payment card information, and billing address. The payment card details are not stored in Whizara’s system.
(ii) Information that you give us when creating student and teacher accounts
When you register for our Service, we may invite you to access our LMS as a student or teacher, depending on the service you sign up for. We will create student and teacher accounts with the information (name and email) that you knowingly provide during registration or the information that you knowingly share via email along with your consent to use for account creations. We advise you not to share your account password with anyone.
(iii) Information collected when you or your child or student contacts us
When you or your child or student contacts us via email, social media, phone, mail or our LMS, we may collect your (or your child’s or student’s) name, email address, phone number, school name, and the contents of your communication which can include any information you (or your child or student) choose to provide. We will only use that information to provide the service or support requested.
(iv) Information collected when you refer
We allow you to invite others to join Whizara. If you do this, we will collect and store the invitee’s email address in order to send an invitation. We will let the invitee know who invited them to Whizara and give them the ability to request that their information be deleted from our systems.
(v) Information collected when you leave your details with us at a marketing event
We may collect details such as your name, company/school name, job title, address, phone number, email address, interest in our programs for specific grade level(s) or age(s).
Information we collect automatically when you use our Service:
(i) Log data
Like many websites, our Site collects certain information automatically and stores it in log files. This may include information about the devices you use to access our Service (including your internet protocol (IP) address, browser type, and operating system); the address of the web page visited before and after using our Service; details about your interactions with our Service (such as the date, time, length of stay, and specific pages accessed during your visits); search terms used to reach our Service; and usage information (such as the number and frequency of visitors to our Service). We use this information to help us design and administer our website, improve our Service, and gather broad demographic information that helps us identify visitor preferences.
(ii) Student Activity Data
We also collect certain information about student and teacher activity on our LMS. For instance, we collect information about when a student last logged in, content accessed and duration of activity in order to help us monitor and analyze course usage and improve our Service.
We use third-party analytics tools to execute and track display advertising, including remarketing advertising on other websites. These tools help us understand which ads bring users to our site and inform and optimize the ads served.
Information we collect from other sources
(i) Payment Processors
When you purchase our Services online, your payment card information is provided directly to our third-party payment processor, Stripe, and Whizara does not collect or store your information. However, we may receive limited information about your payment card from Stripe, such as the last four digits of your card, the country of issuance, and the expiration date.
(ii) A Whizara User
We may collect your Personal Information from a Whizara user who provides us with your email address in order for us to invite you to our Service.
(iii) Whizara Instructors
We collect information pertaining to your child from our instructors. For instance, instructors may provide specific notes about students’ performance. They may also provide feedback on students’ performance directly to students and parents.
Any individual or combined information we collect about you from any of the various sources, if identifies you as an individual, will be treated by us as Personal Information.
How We Use Your Information
We use the information described above to:
- Provide you with the Service if you are or become a Whizara customer, including creating your Whizara LMS account and identifying you when you sign in to your account
- Deliver a high-quality and customized learning experience
- Process your purchases through our Service
- Operate and improve our Service, including monitoring and analyzing usage, trends, and activities related to the Service
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages and information about the rules of the Site and Service
- Identify, fix, and troubleshoot bugs and Service errors
- Respond to your requests, inquiries, comments, and suggestions
- Communicate with you about products, services, offers, promotions, and events we offer and provide information we think will be of interest to you. You can opt out of receiving our promotional emails at any time by following the instructions included in those emails.
How We Share Your Information
We may share information about you with certain third parties in the following circumstances:
- Change of control or companies under common control: We may share data between and among any future parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, and other companies under common control.
- Vendors and service providers: We may share Personal Information with vendors, consultants, and other service providers who need to access the data in order to perform services on our behalf, such as providing cloud-hosting or cloud-storage services.
- Legal requirements: We may share Personal Information when we believe it is necessary to comply with a legal obligation, including lawful requests from public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
- We may also share Personal Information when we believe it is necessary to protect Whizara’s rights and property, to protect the safety of our users, and to defend against legal liability.
- We may share Personal Information with third parties with your consent and at your direction, including if we notify you that the information you provide will be shared in a particular manner and you provide that information. For instance, upon your consent your information may be shared with a third party for a potential opportunity for your student or child.
- In the course of providing our Service, when proactively provided by you along your consent, we may share your or your child’s or student’s Personal Information (email) with our instructors to enable instructors to communicate with you or your child or student to assist you or your child or student with queries related to the Service.
Adults, including teachers, school staff, parents or legal guardians who enroll their students and children for our Services are our point of contact for enrollment and course related communications. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children in connection with the Service. The adult (parent, teacher or guardian) proactively and knowingly shares the student’s information when necessary to avail our Service or when the child or student proactively contacts us as mentioned in this document.
Certain features of our Service require student account creation with our LMS, depending on the service that your sign up for. The adult (teacher, parent or guardian) provides the student’s information and consent for us to set up student accounts using the students’ information shared with us.
We do not use children’s Personal Information for promotional activities or target advertising or marketing to children, and we do not create or build personal profiles of students.
Third-Party Websites and Third-Party Content
Whizara uses generally accepted technical and administrative safeguards that we believe are appropriate to protect the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of your Personal Information. Please be aware that although we make reasonable efforts to protect Personal Information from loss, misuse, or alteration by third parties, there is always some risk involved in transmitting information over the Internet and storing information electronically. Whizara cannot and does not guarantee absolute security.